Who is Responsible for Building and Building in Glendale?
Can Glendale handle a 4th term from Council member Ara Najarian?
The Glendale Coalition for better government researched and vetted the voting record of council member Ara Najarian and we are unimpressed by the over development, excess fee increases, and excess utility rate increases that Mr. Najarian voted for.
- Najarian voted to approve the over developing of the City. When this was pointed out, he denied it. However, a check of the prior Council meeting minutes showed he did in fact vote for the huge developments. When this was pointed out, he replied, “I forgot.”
- Najarian voted to increase his Council salary without any oversight or limits. The citizens voted against his salary increase.
- Najarian has been on the MTA Board and MetroLink Board to represent Glendale, yet the traffic and transportation in Glendale has gotten worse.
- Last year Najarian was a candidate for County Supervisor, obviously not satisfied to stay in Glendale. The County Citizens did not want him, why should Glendale?
- Najarian voted for 3 term limits but he wants to continue on City Council for a 4th term.
- Najarian increased electric and water rates that the courts ruled as illegal.
An April 4, 2017, please REJECT Najarian. He is not good for Glendale.
Small portion of Najarian’s Voting Record
|Lex on Orange||307 apartments in two five-story buildings (Orange Street & Lexington Drive)||http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/government/agenda_minutes/4A201202071.pdf|
|Legendary Towers||72 apartments, eight live/work units, 1200 square ft. café (Orange Street & Central Ave.)||http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/government/agenda_minutes/4A201202071.pdf|
|Holland Partners||238 Units & 10,000 square ft. of retail in a six story building (Brand & Wilson)||http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/government/agenda_minutes/4M201303193.pdf|
|Verdugo Gardens||228 apartments , (Central Ave. & 134 FWY)||http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/government/agenda_minutes/4M201111292.pdf|
|Camden Project||290 apartments , 37,000 square ft. of retail & office space (Central Ave. & Los Feliz Rd.)
3900 San Fernando Road
|Laemmle Lofts||42 apartments and retail (Wilson & Maryland)||http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/government/agenda_minutes/4A201202071.pdf|